Robert D. Bivin
2007-Present | Owner/Developer/Technician | Bobs Bytes | Alexander City, AL
· Installation of workstations, laptops, printers, routers, switches and servers, including creating specs for needed equipment, configuration of Windows Server Active Directory domain services, configuration of remote VPN access and software installation.
· Troubleshooting and repairing printer, server, network and workstation issues, including cleanup of viruses and spyware, system speed issues, hardware failures, boot-up failures, etc.
· Carrying out day-to-day business functions (billing, collections, advertising, etc.).
1996-2006 | Systems Analyst | Russell Corporation | Alexander City, AL
· Team member of the College Bookstore System Group developing, coding, maintaining and supporting a system that encompasses order entry, order processing, embellishment, order fulfillment, inventory management, shipping and invoicing. Sole support of stand-alone PC application used by Sales force to assist customers in forecasting sales. Also sole support and maintenance of Web Reorder and Web VMI Replenishment .NET (VB & C#) Applications.
· Also served as a member of the following teams: Distribution Center Systems, Customer Service Systems and Financial & Invoicing Systems.
· Analyzed, designed, coded, tested, implemented and provided end-user training for COBOL applications on IBM Mainframe, VAX and AS/400 platforms.
· Assisted in the analysis, design, coding, testing, implementation and training for vb.NET and C#.NET applications utilizing Microsoft SQL Server data access as well as AS/400 DB2 data access.
· Provided on-call support of all above systems including applications as well as hardware in some cases. Also provided support for various document, label and hang-tag printing functions across the corporation.
· Sole support for Russell Retail Store Retail Pro Point-of-Sale & Inventory system.
1993 1996 | The University of Alabama (C&BA) | Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Bachelor of Science in Commerce and Business Administration
Major: Management Information Systems (MIS)
Minor: Computer Science (CS)
UA Cumulative GPA: 3.52/4.0
Major/Minor GPA: 3.23/4.0
UA Business GPA: 3.71/4.0
References available upon request
Address: 1404 Flora Drive Alexander City, AL 35010
Phone: Home/Mobile: (256) 234-0742
Other Sites Developed: www.bobbivin.com/bbts/sites
This document available online at: www.bobbivin.com/resume.pdf
Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Manager, SQL Query Analyzer, Microsoft SourceSafe, Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, PowerPoint and Access
IBM Mainframe, AS/400, Windows Server 2000 & 2003, Windows XP, Windows Vista, VAX VMS, MS-DOS, Win95, Win98, Windows 3.x and UNIX.
VSAM, SQL (DB2), SQL (AS/400), SQL (MS), XML
Assistant Scoutmaster, Boy Scouts of
Golden Key International Honour Society
Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America